Table of Contents
Having a pool within the residential boundary is like a dream come true. Pools are not only ideal for activities like swimming, water polo, and others but also perfect for relaxation and refreshment. Families usually get into the water to relax and spend some quality time outdoors. Kids can learn to swim in the pools or simply have fun with water.
Installing a residential CT Pools Lubbock might sound easy. But in reality, the task has a high difficulty rating. Installation does not mean constructing the pool only or giving instructions to the contractor and then relaxing at the house. When one needs to build a pool on the residential ground, several aspects are there which should be known and clarified.
The following article will put focus on those elements that affect the construction of the swimming pool in one’s house.
The very first job is to decide the area for installing the pool. For an outdoor pool, the two most suitable places are the backyard and the front lawn. Usually, the backyard pools are smaller in size as compared to the front ones. If someone is considering installing an indoor pool, a large space needs to be chosen with an open-air structure.
The location will also depend on the size and shape of the pool. The larger the pool design, the more should be the total surface area of the chosen location. Also, one needs to ensure that after installing the pool, the structure wouldn’t restrict any activity like walking up to the gate or playing on the lawn.
This is the most important task that every house owner must pay attention to before installing the pool. Over the years, several new and unique pool styles and designs have been introduced to the mass. Since each pool type has its own pros and cons, knowing about them is crucial.
1. Above the ground pool is the basic type which can be considered as a humongous bathtub. The entire structure is constructed above the ground, with strong walls guarding the water inside. Stairs or ladders are usually attached for climbing into the pool.
2. Architectural pools are the ones that represent the house’s architecture and design with 100% resemblance. For example, if the house has a modern style, the pool should also have a similar style. These are custom-designed pools and hence, costlier than other types.
3. Recreational pools are rectangular in shape. They are surrounded with concrete or wooden deck on all the four sides. The deck can be of any shape, circular to rectangular. Also, several recreational elements are added like plants, water toys, sun deck chairs, tea tables, and others.
4. Infinity pools are the most luxurious form of swimming pools one can have within the residence. It is characterized by borderless structure where at least two or three edges are hidden under the canvas of water. These pools are usually constructed to compliment a surrounding view.
5. Lap pool has the longest length but with a narrow width. Usually, they are surrounded by a thick bordered deck made of concrete or any other stone blocks. The lap pools are used for exercises mainly.
The next task of the homeowner will be to decide for what purpose he/she needs the pool to be installed. Mostly, swimming pools are used for recreation. If that’s the case, the architectural or recreational pool type design will be ideal. Similarly, if one wants to practice swimming for competitions, the lap pool design is perfect.
Due to its slender design, it will allow the person to swim multiple laps just like he/she needs to do in a competition. If someone wants to connect with nature or rejuvenate oneself in the pool water, a natural pool design or the plunge pool design will meet the purpose.
With differences in needs, the pool design will change accordingly. Hence, one needs to pay attention to this specific factor before taking the final decision.
While deciding the pool design, one needs to be very sure about the shape. If the chosen shape is not appropriate for the installation location, it will be simply a waste of time. Hence, it’s important to decide the pool shape based on the measurements of the vacant area a homeowner will nominate for the structure’s installation.
Now coming to the size- it will also depend on the total surface area available for completing the installation without demolishing any other structure. It is very crucial to remember that every pool comes with a surrounding deck. And hence, while deciding the pool size, the deck’s width need to included so as to avoid confusions later on.
As said earlier, the CT Pools Lubbock for residential areas come in different forms. Based on the architecture of the house and the surroundings, one can alter the pool’s architecture. For example, if the backyard or the front lawn has aggregate concrete blocks covering the floors, the pool’s deck either should match the same or should be contrasting.
Besides, one needs to decide what kind of pool floor needs to be constructed. Some of the most common materials used to construct the pool floors are vinyl, concrete, aggregate slabs, unpolished concrete, tiles, and vermiculite. Each material has different features, based on which the decision needs to be taken.
Apart from these, one also needs to decide whether or not to install lights around the swimming pool area. If the pool is surrounded by trees, lights can be connected with the tree stems easily. Deck lighting is very common where the LEDs are installed within the surrounding deck while construction.
Lastly, it is important for every homeowner to understand how dangerous the pools can be for kids and pets. That’s why before construction begins, planning the safety features is a must.
Some houses have swimming pools with a glass wall surrounding the area to prevent pets and kids from coming closer. Similarly, the deck should be cleaned weekly to prevent slipperiness due to constant wetting or the surface.
Having the best pool is definitely a dream come true. But a series of steps need to be done before the construction can begin. And those steps have been discussed in detail in the above sections. In addition, one needs to know the ways in which hiring the pool installation contract will become easier without any flaw.