Home improvement has been one of the many things to do during the pandemic. Since many (if not all) are locked down at home, the thoughts of improving the backyard, garden, kitchen, or even the home’s flooring is what keeps the mind busy. If this idea popped up in you in some way, perhaps you would like to know some great ideas.
Of course, the flooring in your house is one of the decisions you have to make and it will last a lifetime. As a family, what type of flooring works best for you?
What To Consider In Choosing Your Flooring?
There are several types of flooring out there that you can choose from. You can opt for hardwood, ceramic tile, vinyl or linoleum, natural stone tile, carpet, or laminated flooring. Whichever is the case, here are some factors you need to consider in selecting the best flooring for your family.
1. Family Situation. If you have children or fond of adopting pets like cats and dogs, flooring that is resistant to scratching can be your best option.
2. Budget. Of course, you should not live beyond your means. In selecting flooring for your house, know your budget. If the current flooring is still suitable for your family, you might want to wait for a while until your budget is ready. You might want to check for other options like the Zelta Floor and Design and see for yourself the best deal you can get.
3. Return on investment. This might sound awkward, however, the higher the cost of the flooring style or design, the longer it will last. A cheaper one may only last up to a year but a quality one will surely serve you longer than you expect.
4. Type of room. You need to make sure that the flooring design is fitted to the room. If the owner of the room is a kid, a carpet, or a resistive to scratch flooring can be considered. If it is in the receiving room, a coated hardwood or ceramic tile can be your option.
5. Comfortability. Always go for the flooring style that is comfortable for all the members of the family.
Of course, these factors need to be considered carefully. You don’t need to rush in making a decision. Flooring replacement can be one of the toughest jobs you can do during this pandemic, but it is worth it.
Types of Flooring – Advantages and Disadvantages
One of the most common types of flooring is made up of hardwood. It is a solid wood carefully compacted and coated depending on your desire. While it is prevalent, it doesn’t stand well most, especially in the changing of seasons. Exposure to moisture or heat can affect their sturdiness.
Another type of flooring is laminate. It is a photograph of your choice (perhaps a mimic of wood or stones) laid out on the surface of your flooring. It is often described as resistant to scratches, therefore, making it suitable if you have kids or uncontrollable pets inside the house.
A ceramic tile on the other hand is a tough material coming from a mixture of clay and shale. There are different types of ceramic tiles you can choose from. Because of the variety of colors and design, it can fit into any room in the house. On the other hand, this type of flooring feels cold underfoot. If not laid properly, it can be prone to cracks.
Lastly, vinyl flooring feels soft underfoot made up of flexible material. What makes it soft is the layer of foam on its top. Unlike hardwood, it can adjust to moisture and heat including the weight of people walking on it. On the other hand, a limited option of vinyl flooring is out there in the market.
Whichever type of flooring you choose, always consider the factors we have listed above. After all, what is best for us might not be considered an excellent choice by you and the members of your household. At least, we have given you an overview of how to choose the best flooring style that will work for your family.