Table of Contents
If you are willing to declutter your home this year, you should try this calendar declutter challenge for 15 minutes every day. Most of us are unorganized and get stressed when everything is messy. But you do not need to worry because the declutter 365 mission is always there to help you out. Here is a printable January calendar to sort out you are in January.
Many people have had success working through the missions independently, but printable calendars can prove to be a great guide. When you work by yourself, you tend to lose motivation, forget the missions, get stuck in a problem, and fail to organize what you were supposed to. Decluttering your home is not always easy, especially when you have kids around.
Downloading a monthly printable calendar like this January calendar will help you work through the missions and remain consistent on your part. Some declutter 365 groups on social media can provide you constant support and encouragement. Printable calendars can be pasted on a fridge or some other area of your home to remind you of its daily mission.
What are The Declutter 365 Challenges?
The basic idea of decluttering 365 is straightforward, to make decluttering a habit by doing little tasks every single day so that you can get big rewards without taking too much effort. You do not have to feel like the process of decluttering is taking over your life.
You will be provided with a 15 minutes mission that you will have to accomplish not to keep wondering what to do. There are many systematic and developed year-long plans available online that you can adopt.
If you generally declutter every day, for the whole year (for 15 minutes a day), you will be able to declutter your house within 90 hours. It is advisable to paste a copy of the calendar on the refrigerator door or bathroom mirror. You can also sign up for weekly reminders through emails online.
A new year comes with a perfect time to declutter. It is a standard time to set goals for the rest of the year, and hence it is also an excellent time to join the declutter 365 challenge. It has some simple rules- whenever you are free, devote 15 minutes of your time to clean your house, and you are done for the day.
You can also make a customized declutter 365 plan and make slow but steady progress. You do not need to put a lot of effort into planning it. Just try to pick one little task every day, and it will be enough.
Here are some of the items that you may want to give/throw away- clothes you never wear, stained clothes, old magazines, pens without lids, broken jewelry, extra towels, excess mugs and glassware, stained food, handbags you never use, old diaries, broken tools, flat footballs, old DVDs and CDs, dead batteries, junk nails, dead plants, broken festive decorations, old toothbrushes, etc.
This list can go on and on, and you must select one item every day and decide whether you will keep it, give it away, or throw it out.
The items need not be physical; your goal can also be to eliminate medical thoughts like anxiety or bad memories. Whatever be the content, declutter 365 is always a great idea.
How Can You Track Your Progress?
You should set up a place in your house to put the items you will deal with. You can have different boxes for ‘Sell,’ ‘Donate,’ and ‘Throw away.’
If you do not have enough space, you can have one box of the basket to add to regularly and sort it out whenever it is full. This way, you will be able to track your progress easily.
Using a January calendar can be a great start to your year. You can go from overwhelmed to organized just by devoting 15 minutes every day. If cleaning and organizing are one of your resolutions for 2020 and you have not taken up the challenge, you should do it as soon as possible.
Tips to Clean and Organize your House
One way is to sign up get free cleaning as an organizing list for January (or any other month) online. Instead of spending a week or a month working hard and breaking your back and getting it all done. Printable January calendar will help your break it up into smaller tasks spread over the entire year.
You can laminate and hang the printable January calendar somewhere in the house or slip it into your planner. You can also take off the weekend and double up on weekdays and vice-versa.
Here are some sample tasks that you can take up for your printable January calendar-
- Wiping off windows sills, removing cobwebs from corners, and dusting blinds with a damp cloth.
- We are removing and rewashing the curtains of the house.
- Starting a donation box and putting at least ten items in it immediately, like toys or clothes. This will help you feel more organized and get rid of the useless things lying around your house.
- Replacing the AC/Heating filter, making a service appointment to have it checked. If filters are checked and changed regularly, they will last longer.
- Dusting ceiling fans and replacing burnt-out bulbs.
- I am testing and replacing batteries.
- Re-organizing food pantry and tossing out expired items, including spices. You can also add items to your shopping list if needed.
- Cleaning keyboard and deleting unused apps. Decluttering electronic devices is equally important.
- Dumping out your junk drawers and throwing away the items that do not belong. It would help if you also considered buying a drawer organizer to help keep your drawer from returning to its cluttered state.
- Flipping mattresses, cleaning out under the bed, and replacing bed pillows.
- Sorting through the box of medicine and tossing out expired medicines.
- Washing shower curtains and taking out old towels.
- Emptying refrigerator and throwing away the expired containers.
- Going through the jewelry box and getting rid of unnecessary pieces of jewelry. You should also take out items that need to be repaired.
- Sweeping off the front porch and adding a new plant.
- Putting away any holiday decoration still out.
- Rearranging furniture and pictures in the living room. This will give your living room a fresh new feel.
- Emptying the trunk of your car.
- Washing and vacuuming car seats.
- Adding more items to the donation box.
- Dusting the tops of high furniture pieces.
- Wiping down waste board throughout the house.
- Taking the full donation box to a local NGO or charity center.
- Emptying spam and deleted Emails.