Are you working more from home now? Are you looking for some ways to spice up and spruce up your at home working space to make it better? We’ve put together a list of our top 10 tips for making the most out of your home working space – whether you need just a few extra pointers, or are making the move to work from home and need help with the entire setup – we’ve got the tips you need!
Not only does working from home mean you need to update your actual working setup – it also involves updating and looking at your routines and daily habits too. People are different, so we all deal with things differently and face different challenges – both because of who we are and what our jobs require from us. You need to figure out where you’re going to work, how you’re going to work, when you’re going to work if you have flexible hours, and what you’ll actually need to get that work done in terms of your technology, your internet setup and speed, your home environment, and a lot more too.
Here are our top 10 tips for working from home and getting the most out of your setup:
- Choose the right space – natural lighting, fresh air, and comfortability are all key.
- Invest in a good seat – just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be sitting in correctly supported chair whole you work.
- Maintain regular hours and a strict routine.
- If you share your space, set ground rules and boundaries with the others around you.
- Schedule in your breaks and use the full time due to you!
- Make time to get out of the house and get some exercise, even just a quick 5-minute walk will help.
- Make sure you have what you need and ask your company if you need help with something that will make working at home more efficient.
- Dedicate your space to working only if possible – it will make it feel more like you’re actually ‘at work’ when you do your work in that space.
- Make sure you have all the right tech and hardware that you need to do your job properly and efficiently.
- Make use of storage space to keep things organised and in their place.
Many businesses rely on the support of their IT Provider to give their teams the help they need while working from home – if your company has an IT Company who manage your IT Systems, then they can point you in the right direction when it comes to what kind of tech and which hardware you should be purchasing.
Not only are they able to provide this kind of help, if your teams are needing help with their actual devices when things go wrong, your IT Support can provide them with help too. Many IT Support Companies can also provide their clients with remote help via applications and tools like TeamViewer, making working from home even easier – they just need to log in, and can see your screen and access your computer as if it was their own, they’re able to see what the problem is and fix whatever kind of issues you might be having, and securely sign out again.
Leave a Reply