Chest freezers, although economically are beneficial for people, who want to store many food products or beverages, are a little difficult to organize at times. Now they are not as commonly used in households as refrigerators.
If you are here in this article, you already have a chest freezer or plan to get one. If you are looking for a way to organize the chest freezer- To get the maximum quantitative benefits, we are here to help you find the best chest freezer organizer.
What is a Chest Freezer?
A chest freezer is a freezer that sits horizontally. They have a deeper space than the upright freezers and are ideal for stacking many items/products. Keeps your food, beverages, milk, or meat preserved, textured, and fresh for a long time. Before going to ideas of chest freezer organizer, here are few things you need to know.
Should I Buy a Chest Freezer?
Before starting with anything, let us see if you should buy a chest freezer for yourself or not. The answer here is simple. If you are one of those who like to stock up milk, bacon, freshly picked produce, anything of the sort, even cans of cold beverages, a chest freezer will come in handy for you.
You do not have to worry about not having enough storage space when you see a sale. Grocery shopping, meat, ice-cream, and anything you can think of, there will be enough storage for them all- when appropriately organized (that is where I come to help).
The chest freezers are available in quite a few varieties. Some are small and compact, and some are large enough to store many products, probably for commercial use. The tips that are listed here can we applied to any size.
Organizing a Chest Freezer
Categorizing the Products According to What you Find Sensible
Accurate that you must arrange the products you have. You can do that by making groups separately, such as-
A group for Frozen veggies, one for freezer meals, one for alcoholic beverages or cold-drinks, and one for homemade products and such. This should be followed for the great best chest freezer organizer.
Watching the Group Items Inside the Freezer in Storage Bins
Are you can use the stock storage bin; are you can get some extra hours or different according to your own needs? You can even use a cardboard box. The primary purpose of the storage bin is that it should sab your needs. It does not have to look very beautiful.
Here are some products for you to get ideas.
- SPACE SAVER: Maximize fridge and freezer space by organizing contents. Built in handles for lifting.
- SEE CLEARLY: Plastic container’s clear design keeps food items visible and easy to locate.
- DEEP DESIGN: The storage drawer has deep sides, keeping bottles and boxes from tipping and spilling.
- SAFE & DURABLE: Strong, clear, food safe BPA free plastic container – measures 8" x 6" x 14.5".
- THE INTERDESIGN PROMISE: Bringing you elegant, affordable home products for over 40 years.
- [STACKING BASKETS] Perfect fit design for organizing your pantry, kitchen, & home.
- [FEATURES] Includes sturdy steel metal that’s made to stack w/ easy-to-carry handles.
- [SMART DESIGN QUALITY] All Smart Design products undergo stringent quality assurance & control.
- [24/7 USA SUPPORT] Contact us online or phone for product questions, concerns, & warranty info.
- [DIMENSIONS] 12.63 x 6.25 x 5.5 inches (L x W x H)
Arranging the Bins- Vertically in Layers (and Horizontally to Some Extent)
Compartmentalizing the Bins in layers will change the game for you. Stacking one storage bin above the other (especially when leaving gaps between the bins opposite each other) will quickly make them accessible. This gives a neat look and hassle-free search.
Always remember to put the things you need most frequently, to be kept on the topmost layer. This is known as the first in the first out rule for a great chest freezer organizer. The lesser frequently used ones under so on as to have the least needed ones at the bottom.
The bins you use are going to be according to your needs and personal purposes. Meaning, if you want to keep bulky products, then you might need big bins. If you are keeping everyday products, then normal-sized bins would work for you.
You can use paper bags, cotton bags, or plastic bags to keep a group of products together. Sealing them or wrapping them gives things a neat appearance and provides with the lesser mess inside the freezer. There is very little chance of things spreading in the freezer.
- These reusable food storage bags are made of food-grade PEVA material, BPA FREE. Great sustainable alternative to disposable bags.
- Ziplock storage bags measure in 10.2x7.87 Inch, 10 pack per set, each sealable bags holds nearly 1/2 gallon
- The freezer bags are featured with double ziplock closures and wide zipper edge, more sealed, leak-proof. Can be opened and closed it easily.
- Transparent design gives you a clear view of what inside the storage bags while keeping multiple items together.
- Versatile storage bags for marinate meats, cereal, sandwich, snack, travel items, home Organization.
- ♻【Improved design&Top quality】:Unlike other reusable food bags on the market, Timlife reusable sandwich bag produced by latest techniques . It have double edge construction and double closure With the upgraded wide side and non-slip zipper design, make it easier to open and close and guarantee long service life.
- ♻【Different size &Multi -Purpose】This practical bags set included 12 pcs reusable bags with 3 different size: 2 reusable Lunch bags(9 x5. 7 in) , 4 sandwich bags(8. 6 x7. 3 in) and 6 snack bags (8. 6 x4. 7 in). These reusable storage bags is the perfect container for snacks, lunch, vegetables, meat, fruit, babies food, cosmetics, jewelry,make-up, stationery, travel and more.
- ♻【ECO-FRIENDLY & FOOD GRADE MATERIAL】Timlife reusable storage bags are made of food-grade & eco-friendly PEVA material, PVC-free, lead-free, chloride-free, an eco-friendly and recyclable material .They are durable and lightweight,it can be reused hundreds of times, idea plastic storage bag alternative.
- ♻【EASY TO CLEAN & DRY】These upgraded food bags have Transparent design and able for a quick glance at contents inside. With Top quality material ,these reusable snack bag immune from food stain in most cases and easy to clean it out, you can just simply handwash the bag and put it on the top of a mug or cup to air dry, reusable and convenient.
- ♻【SAVE OUR PLANT & YOUR MONEY】 Choose Sherry reusable storage bags to reduce use of plastic bags and minimize your impact on the planet. Your little behavior not only save your money and wild animals but also beneficial to ourselves and our planet. If you are not 100% satisfied with our reusable food bags, please let us know and we wold help.
- Pre Cut 8x12 Seal a Meal Quart Bags INCH PRE-CUT Bags - a heavy-duty premium alternative to Food saver, Seal-a-Meal and other brand name food vacuum sealer storage bags. Excellent quality bag at economical price.
- Popular Food Vac Bag Quart Size - 100 Count Pack 8 Inch x 12 Inch pre cut bag. Our most popular size and best value. Perfect for a variety of foods and household items & keepsakes.
- Food Safe Material - BPA Free bags and Food Grade for freezer food storage, microwave, and sous vide vacuume cooking，Great for food storage PLUS collectibles, valuable documents, silver & electronics.
- Food Saver Bags Quart Size works with all vacuum sealer machines - Universal bag design to work with all food vacuum heat sealer machines. Easy to use, no rolls to cut. A money & food saver.Premade bags cost less, inch-per-inch, than rolls AND take less time to use!!
- Heavy-Duty - Designed with 3.5 mil front panel, 4 mil embossed back panel for maximum protection and freshness up to 5 times longer than traditional methods of packaging. Eliminates freezer burn and dehydration，Embossed air-removal channels increase suction for maximum freshness.
Freeze the Items to a Flat
This means freezing the products in flat looks, like food wraps or rolls, or the thin rectangular delivery parcels. Freezing them in that way and then stacking them like on a bookshelf. It will save a lot of space by compressing the products and giving an elegant look. For those of you who might have OCD, this is a must. For those who do not have, putting in little efforts here and there, like the flat freezing, will be useful in the longer run. You can trust in this way as it is an excellent tool for a chest freezer organizer.
Create an Inventory
Ultimately, it would help if you accepted that chest freezers would eventually fall into the black hole syndrome no matter how much you try. This means your products will get lost in the endless abyss of the cold freezer.
Unless you have a very sharp memory, even then we suggest not to rely solely on that. It would help if you found a way to keep a record of your products.
Even if you remember where someone else tries to access them, things will get pretty much out of hand. A paper list or whiteboard on the wall can do the job well. Even an app on your phone can do the same.
In the list, you can mention which products or on which bin- at which layer. Keep the list updated, and when the time comes to get something, one glance at the list, and you can find the thing you are looking for in an instant.
This is for when there is some extra space left in your freezer. Saving up space for more products in a sale is not economical enough. Saving energy will up your game again. This means being aware of how much energy your freezer utilizes. Putting in pop bottles (half or third-fourth full) will help retain the coldness.[ Half or 3/4th full bottles should be kept because water expands on freezing]. Using bags of ice can do the same trick. Nonetheless, this will help during blackouts as well as in general energy saving as well. The bottles will keep your freezer cooler without the energy for a long time.
Remember– Do not put things on top of your freezer when not in use. Some people have a habit of keeping stuff in their freezer. When the time comes to access the freezer, it makes the task difficult. Clearing everything off from the top, then checking the inventory, then getting the thing you want. Why increase one extra job when you can avoid it.
Your Items will Not Last Forever in There
Do not forget to keep track of how long the items have been inside. Use them before they go bad or expire. Even under a frozen state, they cannot be preserved forever. Inside the freezer
- The meat will last for 2-3 months
- Steaks will last for 6-12 months
- Chops will last for 4-6 To to months
- Roasts will last for 4-12 months
- A whole chicken will last for one year
- Chicken pieces will last for nine months
- Fish will last for 3-6 months
- Soups & stews will last for 2-3 months
- Fruits & Vegetables will last for 8-12 months
Thus, this article has told you everything you may need to know how to store your products in a chest freezer and complete guide for the chest freezer organizer. In an orderly, easy to access and efficient manner.