Red dot sights are designed to help hand gunners for their faster target attainment, easier 100-yard shots, and the upper-hand in low light situations. These sights will increase your shooting performance and give you an excellent experience.
These red dots can be used in all conditions, whether you are hunting, on duty, and competition shooting. Most shooters are mounting the reflex sight on their pistols rather than iron sights because they are very efficient.
However, it’s important to note that you have to get the proper training to be an expert with a red dot. Especially if you’ve fagged a lot of time training with iron sights. You’ll have to practice your demonstration with a red dot so that you can naturally thrust the gun out and bring the red dot into the direction.
Modern red dot sights are small, which can easily fit into the regular slot and not to intervene with your pistol proportion. The modern dot sight is just a new reflex sight that developed for fast target execution.
Why You Need Red Dots
Red dots serve different purposes, and red dots have some ordinary uses such as Defense, Competition, Plinking, and Hunting. If you are a newbie in shooting and want to be a successful shooter, then you need to simplify the method as much as possible. One of the easiest ways to make your life easy is the use of a red dot sight.
Technology has turned brick phones into slim, portable, and powerful smartphones.Early red dots were big, bulky, expensive, and fragile too. As time passes, red dots upgrades are equally impressive. Nowadays, red dot sights are lightweight, compact, robust, and well priced.
So here we are providing you the information about the best five pistol red dots sights.
Best Pistol Red Dot Sight Reviews
1. Trijicon RMR Type 2 RMR06
The RMR Type 2 is the best red dot sights for pistols ever developed. It is pricey but super sturdy and comes with extra features not found in other sights. It is tiny and lightweight. Trijicon RMR Type 2 comes with 3.25 MOA reticle and eight brightness strength setting.
This model includes a two-night vision setting and one super bright option and also has an automatic dimming function that really unique and works effectively. If the light conditions change, this function will dim the light. So you can use it in all kinds of light with sufficient accuracy and preciseness. So it’s beneficial in low light, no light and in daylight situations.
This model comes with an intricate design. It will always give you the best results even when you use it in rough conditions. However, this small optic is specially designed for professionals. But if you want to use a red dot sight to make yourself better in shooting skills, then this model for you.
- Weight 1.2 OZ
- Four years of battery life
- Night Vision Facility
- Fast target acquirement
- Waterproof to 100 feet
- Eight brightness intensity setting
- Adjustable LED
- Automatic dim brightness facility
- Excellent lens quality and strength
- The broad field of view
- Smaller window and blur shade other than
- Easy to use in the temperature range of -60 ͦF to +160
Red dot sight needs a battery to work. The RMR battery will endure for four years of uninterrupted use at level 4 brightness and 1.5 years at the highest level setting. To conserve the battery, the RMR will automatically switch to automatic brightness mode after 16.5 hours of continuous use.
The battery is situated at the bottom of the sight, so you can easily unplug the battery. You might need a sealing palate to protect it from the water. If you use it on duty, you have to change the battery every year.
The RMR gives you a royal and covenant feeling. There are two buttons on the sight which are easy to use left side button is for higher brightness, and the right side button is for lower brightness. It gets only a few seconds to turn off the brightness. The adjustment of the LED gives you an excellent experience.
The RMR glass is blue shade due to its special reflective coating that makes the battery life longer. It is small and lightweight, so you can easily carry this model.
The RMR series gives you the facility to select costume slides from the settings. The RMR has a 3.25 MOA red dot, which can be operated manually or automatically. The LED produced red dot is a wrinkle in the viewing window and easy to produce.
You can make a better shot by its brightness feature, which can be adjusted according to light. It gives you a facility to blur other objects.
This is the only optic that works with night vision. The other optics blush too much because they are too bright. The lowest brightness setting makes its dot like a laser on target, so you can easily find your target and terminate.
- Fast Target Attainment: This model comes with a large red dot that will make target attainment very simple and fast. Which is very useful for pistol shooters.
- easy to operate
- Automatic on/off function
- The standard footmark for various custom polished slides
- Longer battery life
- Various brightness setting
- Blur feature
- This is expensive red dot sight
- You need to unmount the sight to replace the battery.
2. Burris Fastfire 3 Pistol Sight:
The Burris Fastfire 3 is the famous red dot sights presently available in the world. The fast fire 3 is most the cheapest and authentic option for entering into the world of the micro red dot. This model uses a 3 MOA dot reticle, which allows seeing in both bright and low-light conditions, and it has a rigid and durable structure.
This model comes with a clear and wrinkle reticle that will allow you to group your shots. It comes with small and covenant design. The Fastfire 3 has three intensity brightness settings and an automatic adjustment mode. The automatic adjustment mode is one of the best and is improbably easy to use. This one of the few sights out there that offers a lifetime warranty.
- Weight 1.5 OZ
- Five years of battery life
- Dot size 3 MOA
- Night vision capability: not available
- Three brightness settings and one automatic setting
- Top loading battery
Look and Feel:
It is much inexpensive than RMR and DeltaPoint Pro but does not feel flashy. This model comes with slimly green, and its view also slimly larger than RMR optics. The Fastfire 3 has three intensity settings and an automatic adjustment feature.
It also comes with an automatic brightness adjustment setting that makes the reticle brightness according to ambient light.
The Fastfire has a long battery life so that it can run on constant brightness up to 500 hours. Using the automatic brightness feature, the battery can be run longer if you use the Fastfire for out of sight. The Fastfire battery can be changed without removing sight from the pistol. There is auto turn off the feature that works if you hold the sight till 9 hours. So the battery will not die if you forget to turn off.
This model doesn’t have many custom slides, but it contains co-witness that has small slots for extra batteries and tools.it have clear glass but a smaller viewing window. This model hasn’t any button for turn on and off. It has a top-loading battery, which can be easily changed.
The Fastfire comes with two different models 8 MOA reticle and 3 MOA reticle. This model works only for short ranges because the smaller reticle is not able to cover the complete small target at long range.
- Automatically adjust brightness
- Lifetime warranty
- Auto brightness and 9 hours auto shut-off feature
- Battery life up to 5000 hours
- Multiple models offer multiple reticle options
- Three brightness setting and one automatic setting
- This red dot sight comes with a clear reticle that will allow you to group your shots
- No Off Button– You will have to press the brightness successively through the sight’s four intensity levels to turn off the sight, which trails to a battery waste
- Not cover complete target at long range
- The battery cover is tricky
3. The Leupold Delta Point Pro
The Leupold Delta Point Pro is a small and lightweight red dot sight that will adjust easily in most handguns. The Leopold Delta-point is a well-accomplished high-quality red dot sight. Delta-point pro is an exclusion performer in the reflex sight.
It is slimly bigger than RMR but has a much better view both in the sharpness of glass and size, which prefer for shooters in both conditions, like open eye shooting and speedy target acquirement. This model comes with a motion sensor technology that will allow you to attainment your target rapidly. Its lens is slightly blue coated. This coating makes the red dot visible at every time.
- 95 OZ weight
- Also has Night vision capability
- 5 MOA dot size
- Waterproof 22 feet
- Auto on motion sensor facility
- Long last battery life
- Made from aluminum and steel
This sight’s battery can be accessed easily from the top, so you don’t need to take the sight off from your handgun to charge its battery. The battery of this model can be running up to 300 hours on the highest setting. This model has an auto on-off motion sensor, which expands the battery life.
The Leupold Delta Point Pro has a motion-sensing auto on/off feature, which expands its battery life. It has a big squishy button in the middle that you have to keep pressing this button to go up and down in brightness. And if you are not using the auto function, then you have to keep pressing it for turn on or off.
This model does not contain the custom slides, but it has a nice adaptor for pistols with tracks. It is full racy with a double bonnet. This model provides the most generous view and sharpest glass. It works well with an outer impact dovetail backing.
The Leopold Deltapoint Pro comes with a rubberized cover that protects it from scratches. Its blue coating keeps the red dot visible at all times, even in bright light conditions. It’s also compatible with a variety of handguns, which can be attached to all popular handguns.
- This sight’s battery can be accessed easily from its top
- Motion sensing technology
- The DeltaPoint is designed to bombproof
- Motion-sensing technology can easily turn the optic off and on
- Rubberized cover that protects it from scratches
- Easy battery change
- Slightly heavy
- Less battery life
- Price is a little high
- Not night vision compatible
4. Holosun HS507c
The Holosun 507c comes with three reticles, 2 MOA dot only, 2 MOA dot with a 32 MOA ring, and 32 MOA ring only. It’s a micro solar red dot sight, which is made from aluminum. It also has a solar panel on top, which works only in the auto mode when lighting conditions are available. However, the solar panel does not recharge the battery in any manner.
It comes with ten daylight setting and two night- vision sets, and the Holosun 507c has two intensity setting auto and manual. If you want to adjust the intensity from auto to manual, then you have to press the button for 3 seconds. This model also covers a wide window of the target, which comes with scratch-free glass.
The Holosun 507c also has an awake shake feature that allows you to choose how long it gets for dot to the turnoff. It is an incredible product which is designed by Holosun with a crystal clear view. It is also the cheapest model of optic sight.
- Weight 2.65 OZ
- Night vision capability feature
- Battery life more than ten years
- Dot size: 2 MOA, 2 MOA dot with 32 MOA ring and 32 MOA ring only
- Solar panel available on top
- Scratch-free glass
- It contains a 20 mm lens
- Can easily operate in -22 ͦF to +140 ͦF temperature
The battery of Holosun 507c is supposed to run for more than ten years on level 6 setting, which is dot only mode. This is an optic that you will likely never replace the battery. This model comes with a wide range of dot settings, which expands its battery life. It also has the solar panel on top, which gives the power source for this in sunlight. It gives excellent results with solar power in daylight conditions. It provides adjustable brightness levels.
The Holosun 507c shares the same mounting footprint as the Trijicon RMR. You can easily shoot the target by its 3 MOA red dot. When you are switching the reticle options, there is no need to re-zero because this model uses the same LED for each reticle. You can easily mount it on any pistol that supports RMR.
- Longer battery life
- Comes with a solar panel on top
- Shake awake function
- Scratch-free glass
- Ten daylight setting and two-night vision setting
- Low light shooting
- If you use 3 MOA dot than you can easily shoot the long-range target
- It has grate daylight visibility even on solar power
- The operating temperature is low
- You need to fix the battery tray with screws to the sight
- The weather can interfere with the projection of the laser
- You need to get proper training with your exact optic and handgun
5. Vortex Optics Venom Pistol Sight
The Vortex Optics is another authentic and durable sight, which comes with both reticle 3-MOA and 6-MOA models, allowing them to be used in the respective constellation. The manual brightness controls offer ten different levels of brightness. It uses a 3 MOA red dot, which increases target acquirement motion and accuracy.
This model comes with an automatic function which, allows us to find the best brightness for the ambient light of every condition. The Venom also comes with a Picatinny track mount for use on sporting pistols.
However, the battery only runs for150 hours at the highest brightness setting. For reference, that’s about six days.At lower settings, the battery will run up to30,000 hours, or just under three and a half years.
Vortex uses their best lens technology in the Venom to give acrease sight picture with no parallax and almost no color aberration. It has only one color setting but has ten brightness intensity settings.
- Weight 1.05 OZ
- No Night vision capability
- Dot size 3 OR 6 MOA
- Battery life from 150 to 3000 hours
- lifetime warranty
- Ten different brightness
- 14 hours auto-shutoff function
- 0 MOA adjustments feature
The Venom has a nice low profile and a broad viewing window, with a less protective housing. All the controls are placed on the side of the sight for easy access and less interference when the gun is in a holster.
The sight’s red dot reticle is completely visible, and it will allow you to adapt your target and take accurate shots easily. It comes with an automatic brightness adjustment, which automatically switches the reticle brightness according to conditions.
The auto-brightness function activated only if you hold the button until 3 seconds. So you can see your reticle in too bright conditions. This ergonomic and authentic design is amazingly affordable and plurality a lot of value into such a small optic.
You can replace the battery without removing sight from your gun. But the long battery life is especially helpful because the battery cover is improbably tricky to remove and replace. The battery of this model can run up to 150 hours at the highest intensity setting and 3000 hours at the lowest intensity setting.
- Excellent reticle adjustment options available
- Long battery life
- Wide field of view
- Lightweight and reliable
- Ten different brightness settings
- Top-loading design
- 14-hour auto-off function, which makes it different from others
- The sight’s battery cover can be accessed easily, but it’s challenging to open. So the battery cover is also difficult to close once you change the battery
- Using an unusual battery
- Not have much pre-milled custom slides
How To Install Red Dot Sight On A Pistol
A handy person can easily install the red dot sight on their pistol in a short time. It is straightforward to install, but if you are feeling stuck anywhere while installing, then the below guide will help you to install the red dot safely and firmly.
- Before purchasing the sight, make sure it is compatible with your handgun rail. If it is compatible, then you are good to go, but if it’s not, then you can simply use a mounting plate to install the red dot. Some red dots like comes with the Picatinny mounting plates to do it easily.
- Now lose the clamps nut from the mounting plate and place the rail accordingly and tighten the nut.
- After that, you need to attach the sight to the mounting plate by using one or two small screws.
- Zeroing the sight can be a challenging task for many persons. You can start by adjusting the elevation and windage screws using the screwdriver.
- This is it! Now I am pretty sure that you will understand the basics to install the Red dot sight on your pistol.
So this was the post about Best red dot sights for your pistols that you can buy. Red dots can be an expensive asset, but they allow you to shoot faster and are worth the investment. Red dot sights will change your handgun into an exceptionally accurate weapon. They will increase your shooting performance as well as shot accuracy. If you are into target shooting or competitive shooting, then it’s always an excellent choice to have an excellent red dot on your handgun.