Table of Contents
Mobile homes are a fantastic home style that is available for just about every person. These structures are crafted in such a way as to provide affordable features within, so they are unique. Depending on your mobile home style, you might run into some features that can present a challenge to decorate or design. If you have those challenging spaces, then here are some ideas that you may want to think through to make the mobile home a unique part of your lifestyle. And for more ideas check out Homes Direct.
The Challenges of Mobile Home Designs
There is not one mobile home that is created like the others. They may have the same design structure, but the interior will be different because of wall colors and flooring patterns. Here are some of the challenges you may have and some ways to overcome the seemingly impossible.
Dealing with Low Ceilings
The height of a ceiling can range from 6 ½ feet to 7-feet high. The current trend for homeowners is too high ceilings. To achieve this masterpiece, you will want to consider:
- Using cool tones that pull the obvious away from one’s perception. Your rooms will look more extensive, and the ceiling will look taller.
- Try using low sitting furniture choices. This will help give the allusion that your room is larger than it really is.
- Extend the paint into the ceiling to give an optical allusion of height.
Dealing with Narrow Rooms
Every mobile home has narrow rooms and different dimensions. This is a fact that makes each one unique. You may try the following ideas to make the rooms look larger.
- Use colors to balance out the room. This will give the appearance that the room is more expansive than it really is.
- Diagonally install the flooring to help move the eyes from the walls to the floor. This will help with the appearance of a more expansive space.
- Place your furniture closer together to help open up the exterior of the space.
Dealing with Landscape Issues
Mobile home lots have limited space. It will be easy to neglect the space, so it becomes an eyesore. But you may try having a lawn mowing service to help maintain the space. Lawn mowing service is a great way to keep your landscaping looking great. They will mow your yard to as to accent the space and help it stay healthy. They will also add the fertilizer that the lawn will need to grow thick throughout the year and stay healthy in slower-growing months. Ultimately what the outside looks like tends to define what the inside will look like. So, an ample looking space outside will help the inside look great too.
Every mobile home has its unique challenges. People from all walks of life live in them. There are some that are beautiful to look at. But that only happens when the owner takes the time to make the home look presentable from the inside out. You can have the space you desire by following these simple tips to having a great mobile home space.