Finding the best pedicure chairs for your salon sounds like an easy thing. But it can be overwhelming once you have the options in front of you. For this reason, we have come up with your ultimate guide to buying the best pedicure chair.
Buying a Pedicure Chair for Your Salon
1. Consider the Brand Reputation and the Quality of the Pedicure Chair. To ensure you’re getting a comfortable and durable unit that will give you your money’s worth, you must buy a high-quality pedicure chair. Choose a reputable and experienced brand that has been in the industry for many years and makes exceptional products. You must select a well-known brand within the industry.
2. Consider the kind of experience you want your clients to experience. Pedicure salons have different styles, so you must know what kind of experience you want to provide to your clients. If you want to have the shiatsu massage option, with basic vibration and heat, you can choose luxury pedicure massage chairs. Before buying one, you must understand the experience your clients are looking for to make sure you can meet their needs. Do you think your clients prefer lever-based, manual, or an electronic adjustment with a remote control? Don’t forget the comfortable padded cushioning and ergonomic chair design.
Finally, when considering the level of comfort, you need to think about the nail technician. Don’t forget the possibility of pivoting or adjustable leg and foot support and pivoting arms. Doing so will provide the nail tech with a great environment to reduce physical stress and master their techniques.
3. Do the pedicure chair designs fit the designs and styles of your pedicure salon? Pedicure salons have different styles and designs, so you must consider if the pedicure chairs will fit the look and feel of your salon. High-end luxury pedicure chairs have higher design aspects, but you can still transform them to fit a modern style. Consider changing their colors so they’ll match your salon’s look.
4. Consider how much the clients are willing to spend for the service. Salons offer pedicures between $79 to $90. Because of this, you must consider the client’s experience. Do you want to have stylists who offer pedicure as an add-on service? If so, you can go for a more cost-efficient route with portable pedicure salons.
If you want to offer pedicures as a deluxe service by your nail technician or stylist, then you need to remember that a greater initial investment doesn’t only a luxury client experience. It also means you’ll get more money in your pocket.
5. Decide if you want your salon to require plumbing or not. You must fully understand ahead of time if you’re looking for a pedicure salon that needs plumbing or not. If you don’t know what these terms mean, a no-plumbing pedicure chair is a stationary unit that needs the nail technician to fill the water and remove it from the pedicure bowl.
Meanwhile, a classic salon-style plumbed unit is also stationary, but it’s connected to the waterline. If you want to go for a plumbed unit, you need to make sure that you choose a pipeless pedicure salon chair for sanitation reasons.
A portable pedicure salon chair isn’t stationary. That means you can still offer pedicure services without taking too much space. If you’re unsure which among these three you need for your salon, consult an expert now.
6. What features do you want your pedicure chair to have? When choosing a pedicure salon chair for your salon, you’ll also need to consider the additional options and features available. Don’t forget to check if the colors of the salon match the colors or designs of your décor. You want to make sure that your new service is integrated into your salon.
If you plan to offer manicure services, go for a chair with an electrical track or a swiveling chair so that it’s easier for the client to adjust. Also, add manicure trays to your pedicure salon. Lastly, consider getting some other accessories and plastic liners for your glass or fiberglass pedicure bowl.
7. Know the warranty on your pedicure salon. Doing this is important to understand the quality of the manufacturer and the product. Don’t buy anything with less than a 12-month warranty on parts. Once you know the warranty and you already bought them, make sure that only a licensed plumber installs your pedicure salon chair. This greatly helps when you face a problem with your chair. Make sure to secure the licensed plumbing receipt after the installment so you won’t have any problems later.
8. Make sure to ask the manufacturer for replacement parts. Pedicure chairs are just like cars – they need upkeep and maintenance. Before you buy them, make sure to ask the manufacturer for replacement parts. Without good customer service and readily-available replacement parts, you can get a lot less time and profit from your major investment.
9. Choose a company that will help you. As soon as you get to narrow down your options, the last thing you need to do is to search for the right company. You want to make sure that they are reliable and have been in the industry for many years. This is a sign that they will be there for you. Also, don’t forget to call to check out their customer service. It’s important to know if they’ll help you with your decision. Lastly, check out the reviews their clients left for them. Current and previous customers can help you discover the kind of customer service you’ll receive.
Adding pedicure services to your salon is the best way to increase your revenue and get more clients. With the endless options and the extensive price range, finding the best pedicure chair for your salon may seem impossible. If you follow all these tips, you wouldn’t have to worry anymore because you’ll be able to find the perfect pedicure salon chair for you and increase your earning potential.