There are few tools that are an indispensable part of a workshop and benchtop drill press is one such tool. For those working with metal or wood, it is recommended to have a floor standing drill press but this isn’t always needed. There are various models of benchtop drill presses available so finding the best one is not an easy task. However, there are certain features that you must consider when you are looking for the best benchtop drill press for your workshop. These features have been mentioned below:
- Speed Range– It is extremely vital to pay heed to the speed of bench top drill press. Go for the drill press that offers multiple speeds. This allows you to work accurately regardless of the kind of material that you are using. There are several machines available at https://www.thewrenchguy.com/best-benchtop-drill-press/ . You must check their specifications and then make a purchase accordingly. The unit for measurement of benchtop drill press speed is revolutions per minute.
- Laser Guide– The laser guide tells where the drill will go on the material. This enables you to be precise when you are making holes. This point is good for people who do not have much experience with drill presses as this makes their work a lot easier. When you use a laser guide, it helps trim down time that you need on the machine and you will be aware where the cut will go and how the drill press will work.
- Onboard Light- Akin to laser guide, the onboard light makes it easier to work with benchtop drill. The light ensures that you are working in a precise manner as it illuminates the material that you are using. When you can see everything clearly, you will be able to make the precise drill marks.
- Weight and Size of drill press– The weight and the size of the drill press really matter as it determines how easy will it be to store it. Benchtop drill presses are ideal for small workshops. If a drill press is too big in size, it will not leave space for you to do other things and storing it would be a huge task.
- Size of the Worktable- The best bench top drill press is the one that offers a spacious worktable. If the table is big in size, the device is safer to use and there is no need to be very close to the drill head or any kind of sharp objects when you are working. If you have ample space on the worktable you can adjust your material whichever way you want without any kind of problem.
- Safety Precautions- If you do not use a benchtop drill press in a cautious manner, it can actually pose a huge danger to your safety. It is vital to read the instruction manual properly in case you are using the drill press for the very first time. Also, see online tutorials. So, when you are choosing the right kind of benchtop drill press for your workshop make sure that it is approved by the government bodies. This will guarantee that it is safe to use. Also use all the mentioned safety equipment such as googles, gloves, etc.
So, these are some of the points that you need to bear in mind as they will help you select the best benchtop drill press for your workshop. At wrenchguy, you will be able to find a wide variety of benchtop drill presses. Check out their specifications and make the right purchase for your business.