In 2021, the average life of a dishwasher was 10 years, which for most people is satisfying to the budget. However, if you’re looking for ways to fix common problems so that your dishwasher can last more than 10 years, you’ve come to the right place. Dishwasher repairs can be done easily and won’t require a lot of maintenance skills. Before you get a dishwasher repair, read about the common issues below and try the solutions as we investigate them. If you find that the problem is not getting better or is too difficult, then it’s recommended you call a dishwasher service as the problems could become severe if neglected.
Dishwasher Taking a Long Time
If your dishwasher is running over the estimated time, then you could be experiencing a few different issues.
- Every dishwasher is different, so make sure you’re selecting the correct cycle via the dial. Some cycles offer different solutions and may have resolution times that differ from your normal washes. If you’re using the same cycles and getting different time finishes, then continue.
- Ensure your heating settings haven’t changed. Typically, washes are completed after reaching 135 degrees, so if your dishwasher has lower water temperatures, it could be changing the allotted time to finish a cycle.
- Before you start a test wash, try running hot water from your faucet into the sink for a minute. Running warm/hot water will help clear up the dishwasher pipes and ensure that the cold water isn’t delaying your cycle.
Dishwasher Not Emptying
If your dishwasher is not emptying the water that is used during a cycle, you could have a pump motor issue.
- Make sure that your dishwasher is not on, and that it’s unplugged from the outlet.
- Find the pump that is typically behind the panel on the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Make sure that there is nothing that is clogging the pump and that it’s not damaged. You will need to buy a new pump and replace it if damage can be seen.
- Try a load of wash if the pump is not damaged on the outside and if the problem persists then you will need to replace it. You may take the pump off and add the new pump the same way that it was uninstalled.
- You will need to call a licensed professional to help repair your dishwasher if the problem isn’t fixed.
Dishwasher issues are typically quick fixes, but in the event that you’re unable to complete a service or identify an issue make sure to contact dishwasher repair professionals so you can get it resolved quickly.