“Visible mess helps distract us from the true source of the disorder.”
-Marie Kondo, Organizational Consultant.
Suppose the visible mess is keeping us away from introspection. Suppose that is what is keeping us away to our best selves. Then is the success that far? Can we not do so much for ourselves? We can, right?
We all work hard to make our houses look great, like reflecting on our style and personality. Anything that steals that look creates a little frustration, especially with having our workstations moved to our homes.
These days scattered cables and wires make it even difficult to work, and they, to be honest, also look hideous. This might reflect on our mental health as well. And soon after that, our productivity.
As we talked about decluttering and tidying up, check out other articles related to the same topic as five rules about the storage of clothes, simple tricks to fold them, and suggested home file categories.
Who knows, these articles might help you tidy up and give a trailer of the real source of disorder? May you identify the root obstacle and eradicate to unleash your best self on to the world 🙂
In this article, we will be sharing organization tips and storage ideas for cords and cables. Keeping them carelessly might look a mess. Not only that, but it also might affect the quality and longevity.
Taking care of things, keeping them properly, and giving each thing a home can help them stay a long and happy life, who knew right, hint we all did.
So, let us get to this.
Cable Cord Storage Ideas organization Tips
First things first, check all cables and cords for any damage. If there is any first let, go of them to avoid confusion and to make space. If you have not used some cord in a year, you will never let it go. Also, if you do not know what specific cords and cables do, then discard them too.
Do say thank you to them for their service and then let go; this may sound silly to many, and if you do not believe it, then do not do it. If you need to discard any working one, sell it in a garage sell, donate or give someone who might use it. And if they are not working, do not discard in the daily waste.
Cables and cords are electric waste and should be separate as they contain dangerous chemicals, like lead and mercury, and may leak or get exposed to animals. Give these out at recycling kiosks or any recycling services. Please make the effort of doing so, it is for your better future, and everyone is including your children and our planet.
Secondly, segregate. After letting go of the cables that are of no use to you. Make three boxes. Box 1- need these in my sight daily, Box 2- might need them in (semi) sight, Box 3- Rarely need this, let us put them at a safe place. Each box is self-explanatory.
But let us clear it with examples, box one might have a cord of charger and computer, box two has spare ones and the gaming pod cables that you need once a month or so, and box three has cables and cords you need when you host a Christmas party or the once a year needed long extension cable and so on. Of course, this was just an example, but you get the gist.
Thirdly, but these cables and cords cannot stay in boxes; we need to store them more efficiently, at least box one and box 2. Box one cable and cords would be in use most of the time in plain sight with the décor. But maybe we can directly find a place for box 3, somewhere we can reach and might not forget and use in time of need. So, this will depend on your house.
Also, subcategories within that box and label the bundles according to need, and you cannot also label each cable or cord-like shown in the picture. You can make these easily with any tape available at home. But if you want, you can also buy such products online.
Now let us get to unique storage ideas DIY and ones you can buy online. We have compiled the best online available online organizing products with sites and making some too with pictures you can refer to. Below are the ideas we think are most effective and can be done quickly.
Cable Name Tags
As explained above, this can be done for easy identification. It can be made at home itself or bought online. For all three categories, boxes 1, 2, and 3, this can be an excellent way to keep things organized.
To make it at home, you will require tape and marker. Leave about an inch tape the cable and stick the tape from the other side to the left one inch, in a way that the glued side is stuck to the glued side.
Now with a marker, write its use or something to identify. Keep the tag small. You can also roll it to keep it from folding or anything you can unroll and see whenever required.
Cable Storage Pouch
This can be used for cables or boxes two and 3or while traveling. This way, your cables remain safe, do not get tangled, and have all you need insight altogether—a perfect home for your cables to keep them looking pristine.
The excellent quality pouch will keep your belonging too in good shape and increase their longevity significantly. It looks stylish and elegant at home or while traveling. Alas, why let your traveling affect cables and cords? This assures their safety.
- · LARGE CAPACITY: Keeps things organized. The electronics storage bag has 2 layers Nylon interior compartment with enough space to take in your cables, USB drive, cellphone, charger, mouse, kindle, mini tablet and other accessories. STRUCTURE: 6 elasticized mesh segments for usb drive, 2 Mesh pocket for chargers cellphones, 12 elastic loops for cables, 1 SD/TF card storage segment, 1 big adhesive pocket for tablet iPad mini, 1 detachable hand strap.
- · EXQUISITE DESIGN: Waterproof nylon surface prevent water and ensure the safety of your. 2 premium zippers make it easier to open/close the bag to take your charger. high elasticity loops keep your chargers and cables in place.
- · PAD STORAGE CASE: One layer has a pad storage case for your mini tablet, kindle and pocketbook. Tips: This Organizer bag fits for iPad Mini(7.9-inch) but not enough for iPad Air & Microsoft Surface.
- · MULTIPLE USAGE: Well padded semi flexible covers offer excellent protection for your electronic accessories. Beside, the storage bag is also suitable to store pens, pills and makeup. Best for household and tourism using.
- · PORTABLE and CONVENIENT: Perfect for Traveling. Just open the case and check if everything is there, preventing you from leaving things behind. The small size and lightweight design allows you to carry the bag with the hand strap. It also fits your briefcase, luggage and backpack without taking much space.
Do it Yourself Cable Box
This is for people whose box three’s list is long (but make sure you have sincerely done step one and discarded the unwanted in a safe environment if you have and you require these all). This is an excellent way to make use of some scarp. It’s easy and does not require much material or time. This is how your box three can look.
The best part about DIY products is you can customize them as per need. If you require more compartments, you can add, and if you don’t, you can use fewer compartments or smaller boxes to store, and there you go. You can also do this with box 2, but make sure it looks a little better and is more accessible.
Now let us find a place for frequently used ones and how we can keep them from tangling up or from spoiling the look of any space. Worst case scenario, the lying cables might hurt someone, especially small children and pets. They tent to put anything they find in their mouth.
So now, all the below solutions are for cables and cords that re frequently used and need some tending to.
Here is another right solution to your cable spaghetti problem. Four different sets of cable clips; in total, there are ten pieces. If these are cleverly placed around the house at dense cable traffic areas, the problem can be taken care of.
- ♛【2020 upgrade cord organizer】START MAKERS10pcs cable clips are made of high-grade silicone material and coated with a layer of smooth and comfortable dye, consisting of 4pcs One Slot Cable Holders in different colors, 2pcs Gray Small Double Slot Cable Holders, 2pcs Black Triple Slot Cable Holders , 2pcs latest Five Slot Cable Holders form a cord holder set.
- ♛【Desk organizer keeps the desktop tidy】The neat cable holder will make the messy cables and data lines around the computer desk, TV, switchboard, file cabinet, car, computer or mobile phone rationally organized, and make your surrounding environment more Organized and neat. Make your mood happier and more comfortable.
- ♛【Cable management has versatility】You can use the wire organizer as a desktop cable organizer, pen holder, toothbrush or dental floss holder, etc. The desk organizer is suitable for Type-C Apple Android magnetic tips and cable organizer is suitable for earphones, cables, and mouse data Wire, simple and easy to install where you want to use.
- ♛【Firmly and Invisible stickers】The desk cable organizer uses 3M paste, which is suitable for any panel. It will not fall off for a long time and will not be removed.
- ♛【How to use cable clips】Simply peel and stick your self-adhesive cable clip anywhere. Please wipe it clean with a towel before pasting to keep it firm. If you have any questions, please contact us in time and give you the best solution!
This kit includes a wire box, a cable sleeve, four cable clips, and six bright colored Velcro cable ties to keep your day to day cable and cords organized and mostly out of sight. There are different colors available that you can check for yourself. This kit can be helpful in your in-house workstation.
- Cables Organized: Our cable organizer box is a streamlined, discreet design that hides and organizes your cables quickly. Loose wires create confusion, could get damaged and look unsightly. Solve ALL these problems at once with a Tokye cord hider box.
- Inclusive of all the essentials for concealment and organization. Your saving pack includes 1 stylish wire box 1 Cable Sleeve, 4 Cable Clips and 6 Cable Ties. This enables you to secure and organize your cables in a complementary manner for your home.
- Simply fill the box with the multi plug. Wrap the cords with the Cable Sleeve. With XXL sockets and a large Cable Box, Tokye cord box is compatible with long, high and wide surge protectors. It fits for most standard 6-12 outlet power strips of cables.
- Many people like to hide their electrical wires and organize them at the same time and look for a sleek, decorative cover to provide the necessary concealment and organization. The Tokye cable hider is to keep your cables covered.
- This is a high-quality product that had its latest design update in 2020. It is made of premium material with high density, anti-scratch surface and fire-retardant material. The Tokye cable organizer is the perfect solution for cable management.
This is an innovative solution to keep the cables safe and together. If you have an old spiral telephone wire, this is a piece of cake; it can also be done with mouldable wire. Or you cannot buy this online.
Too can use this in the backside of electronics. Some people use it openly for extension cables. After using pass the bundle from a safe corner or a wire box, make sure to avoid tripping incidents.
- Material:Made from premium PE materials, it is durable, wear-resistant, flame-retardant and safe to use
- Spiral wrap for cables can play a lot of roles in your life: charging cable organizer, desk cable organizers, travel cable organizer, phone cable organizer, wire organizer, bag cable organizer, charger cable organizer, tv cable organizer, spiral cord wrap, cable spiral wrap, wire sheath,cord bundler wire wrap, spiral hose wrap,desktop cable organizer.
- Usage:fix one end with safety safety belt first,then circle the wires clockwise to make them tighen.
- Flexible and bendable spiral cable wrap is convenient to use in many different placesIt can easily be cut off and adjust to the length that you need.
- 100% SATISFACTION: If you have any unsatisfactory, please just contact our kindly customer service. Our Top Priority is your satisfaction, and stand behind our products 100%.Choose XHF risk free today.Click the Orange Button to Buy Now!
Tabletop Organizing Idea
This is easy to do the idea for your workstation at the home of the office or children’s study table. Everyone has some of these clips at their home. It is just an alternative use to address an issue at hand.
Choose the idea you are comfortable with, or use multiple of them at different places, as all the ideas are addressing a different area. And that is how it is compiled and shared to cover most spots at home that face the cable and cord mess up the issue.
On that note, we would like to wind up this article about cable and cord storage ideas and organization tips. If we helped you learn something, please try doing this at home, and if you declutter further, check other articles.
We hope you found all this relatable and doable. The most common thing while organizing happens is the more significant the whole tiding up overwhelms most people, and they end up worrying more than organizing. Please divide your goal into milestones and take baby steps. And we assure with little persistence and chill attitude, and it can be done.
Happy sorting and organizing!