Hand hacksaw plays a big role in our daily life. It makes our job get easily, improve production efficiency. But how to use it and what we need to know for the use? We need to truly understand it to use it in the right way.
The function of saw bow is one tool to make the saw blade stay tight. There are two types of it, include adjustable type and stationary type.
The material of saw blade is carbon steel and alloy tool steel. Including T10, T12, 42CrMo4 and more. The steel material of it must do the processing of heat treatment to improve its properties to satisfy the requirements of working. The specification of saw blade depends on the distance of the mounting hole at two sides. The length is 150mm-400mm. The popular size is: Length: 300mm, Width: 12mm, Thickness: 0.8mm.
The sawtooth of saw blade arranged in a specific way to become the saw road. The saw road has several types, such as cross and wavy. The function of saw road is to make the thickness of saw shrinkage bigger than the thickness of the back of saw blade. It can prevent the happening of the saw blade be stuck in the middle during the working. And decrease the frictional resistance in saw blade and saw kerf to make the cutting processing more easily.
How to choose the size of saw blade?
The size of saw blade depends on the hardness and thickness of the processing material.
- When you need to cut the soft material(copper, aluminum alloy and more) or thickness material, you should pick up the thick teeth saw blade.
- Cutting the hard material(allo steel and etc) or sheet and tube, you should choose the saw blade with serration.
- But when you need to cutting the medium hardness material(common steel and more) and medium hardness workpiece, we usually take the saw blade with medium teeth.
How to Install Saw Blade?
We need to push forward the hand hacksaw to do the job of cutting. But when you take it back, it won’t impact the material. So when you install the saw blade, you need to pay attention to it. Make sure the way of the sawtooth is forward. And the degree of tightness for it must at the right level. If it is too tight, that would decrease the plasticity and get breaking easily. But too soft will make it get warp, the shape of saw kerf will be distorted.
How to Use Hand Hacksaw?
- Suit Up for work clothes
- Put the tools that we need to the right place
- Clamping the material in the pressure clamp
- Adjust the position of for the material according to its shape and length. Use the ruler or other tools to get the length of cutting and take a note for it.
- Install the saw blade in the right way
When you do the job of cutting, your right hand need to hold the saw handle, left hand weigh on the top of the saw bow, and the body forward, the distance of two-foot keep in the right way, and continue put the engine oil to the saw bite. In the processing, the saw blade must stay go straight line, push the pressure for it to make the cutting more easily. When you almost finish it, push the pressure gently, slow down and hold the material with hand.