Table of Contents
Whenever you decide to get your home painted with new colours, you must’ve heard the painters ask you what colour type you want. Redecorating your home is fun and brings a lot of happiness to your life. You can see the bright colours right in front of your eyes and see your home transform into a completely different and new arena. However, the challenge arises when you have to choose the right colour, as it can be challenging and demanding and put you in a great dilemma.
In this article, we will talk about everything about distemper colour.
Both these paints are top-rated among all the paints available in the market. With such tremendous popularity, there are significant differences between both these colours. There are numerous paints available such as oil paint, enamel paint, silicate paint, emulsion paint and whatnot. But, the two leading paints are distemper and plastic colour.
Distemper colour/ paint is among the oldest colours in the market. Simply put, it is a water-based colour that is preferably used in the interior of the house. It is used mainly in homes and offices without needing to apply primer first. This is precisely what makes it a fantastic choice.
On the other hand, plastic colour is oil-based and gives your walls a glossy and shiny look. This paint requires water to make it thinner before applying and gives a glossy finish; therefore, it is called a soft sheen.
There are various benefits for why you should use distemper colours such as
- It works best on home walls and office walls. It can be used best as a different colour combination for bedroom wall.
- Since it is a water-based paint/colour, therefore it is highly recommended and affordable.
- Any dirt on the walls covered with distemper paints can be easily removed and cleaned.
- There are multiple colour options, and thus you can choose from a plethora of colour options via computerization.
- It provides high durability and endurance. Thus lasting for an extended period of time.
- Its matte finish makes your home wall look timeless, magnificent, and as new as ever.
- Due to high demand in the market, it is widely available without any shortage. Also, with increased demand and adequate supply, the prices are also affordable.
With the benefits mentioned above, a distemper colour is a great option. Also, because the other colour options available in the market are more expensive. Distemper colours are affordable and highly beneficial as they sustain for longer time periods. Also, a distemper colour as a colour combination for bedroom walls can be extremely beneficial due to its high durability and affordability.
Additionally, they are essentially known as decorative paints, with a historical medium of being used for painting pictures.
Distemper colour is an excellent option for you when looking to choose a paint for your home. Because the distemper colour is water based and comes with a matte finish, people prefer this colour more.
However, whether you want to choose a distemper colour or any other colour depends on your preference and need. Whatever suits your requirement the best will always be the best choice for you.