Whether your pool is above ground or inground, it deserves the proper protection from the elements. to some people, pool covers are a standard part of owning a pool. Others think that they can get by without a pool cover, or just don’t know the benefits of having one in the first place. If you want to protect your pool, a cover is a must. Here are some benefits to consider.
- Keep Debris Out: When you have a cover, you’ll be able to keep out leaves and other debris that could fall into the water. Instead, they will fall onto the cover and be easily removed when the cover is taken off.
- Less Cleaning: When these items aren’t getting in the pool, and when the water isn’t directly exposed to the outdoor air, there is going to be a lot less cleaning for those who have the pool covered when it is not in use.
- Keep Heat In: Covering the pool with a solar or insulated cover is going to guarantee that the water stays warm. Plus, some covers will attract sunlight and add even more staying power to the water temperature.
- Less Evaporation: When the pool is covered, water won’t evaporate as quickly, which means you will have to refill less often. An exposed pool can evaporate more water over the course of a day or two than you might expect. A cover will stop that from happening.
- Fewer Expenses: A covered pool is a protected pool, which means you will have fewer operating costs, repair and maintenance costs, and related expenses. If you really want to protect your investment and your wallet, a cover is a must.
There are multiple types of pool covers available today. Solar covers are the most popular, but any kind of cover will be better than nothing. Make sure that you choose one that is sized to fit your pool and that offers the protection that you need. Bear in mind that these advantages also carry through to winter pool covers that are used to close the pool for the season.