Table of Contents
Making the right decision of repairing or replacing the roof is one thing that almost every homeowner is scared of. The reason behind this is that replacing the roof is undoubtedly a huge investment and this investment does not excite anybody. However, you have the option of choosing between repairing and replacing your roof. The question that arises is when should you consider repairing or replacing your roof? This answer is dependent on several important factors.
Deciding whether to replace or repair the roof
You need to know that the damages can vary from one part of the roof to another and based on how extensive the damage is; professionals will suggest you repair or replace the roof. You can check the various damage signs or you can also ask professionals to do it for you. You can be assured that professionals are going to give you the best advice, without misguiding you.
Things that can be repaired
Any minor issue on your roof can be repaired completely by the roof repair professionals. These minor issues include:
- Missing shingles: If you spot shingles missing from the roof, it is a must to replace them immediately. Even when one shingle is missing, water can enter and can cause deterioration. However, when you are repairing your shingles, you have to remember that the repair is going to be noticeable.
- Small leaks: Small leaks can be repaired easily with the help of the perfect sealant. However, if you discover that there are several leaks or there is one major leak, you have to ensure that you are considering the replacement of your roof.
Major issues associated with the roof can be fixed only when the roof is replaced completely. The roof is responsible for combining interlocking components, which are capable of sealing out moisture as well as unwanted elements. When any component starts failing, there is no denying the fact that the roof has to be replaced. You might have to replace your roof if the following issues occur:
- If you find that granules have started accumulating in the gutters, this can be a serious problem. There is going to be water blockage, which will ultimately lead to leakage as well.
- If you discover a sag in your roof, this means that the structure beneath your roofing tiles is breaking because of penetrating moisture. This problem has to be fixed by professionals as early as possible to make sure that serious problems are being avoided.
- If your roof is more than 20 years, you need to understand that it is not going to function as appropriately as it used to. This is why you need to make sure that you are thinking of replacing your roof so that you can stay safe for the next 20 years.
According to https://www.entrepreneur.com, you might have to leave your house if you are not taking care of the roofs.
Receive expert opinion
It is suggested that you always discuss with a professional before you are coming to any decision. A professional is going to be the best person to tell you whether you should repair or replace your roof. Get the best opinions from the experts of Sentinel Exteriors and roofing Woodstock GA.
The decision of replacing or repairing your roof can be confusing. However, with the help of professional roofing experts, you are not going to face any issue.